Wednesday, October 1, 2014

falling in love in the fall....

Well I'm back.


After a long, life-changing and fabulous year I've decided to get back to blogging. Redesigned (to the best of my ability) and renamed-- I'm back. Mainly because I love TV and writing but mostly because my sweet family and friends start tuning me out when I talking pop culture for too long #sorrynotsorry.
 
And there's no better time than now with the fall TV season FINALLY starting back up. Thank dog. It's been a long summer full of my guiltiest pleasure- Big Brother, binge watching too many shows to count (shout to Bridget Ryan for finally for getting me to watch Orphan Black-- too good) and rewatching my favorites (West Wing for the umpteenth time anyone?).

Now my shows are back and I'm so ready-- The Mindy Project, Scandal, Parenthood, the list goes on and on, but the real question I ponder every fall is what new shows to introduce to my weekly lineup. 
Duh I watch way too many shows-- so I try to only give one new show a chance each new season. Two years ago it was Mindy, last year it was BK 99, both choices I fully stand by. This year, however, there are too many good choices so here's a look at my intrigue list:

{for sure watching}
#TGIT. Shonda is queen.
Shonda + Viola Davis + hour long drama = I'm sold.
Shondaland Thursdays will be a new staple and I'm not mad about it.
Thursdays at 10:00 EST on ABC

{giving it a chance}
The Mindy Project is pure gold brought the rom-com to the small screen in such a great way. A-Z is following in Mindy's always fashionable footsteps with The Mother from HIMYM and Ben Feldman and it looks adorable- I'm really hoping this is good.
Premieres Thursday 10/2 at 9:30 EST on NBC

From the creator of Happy Endings comes the second coming of Penny Hart- I hope. Add in the wonderful Ken Marino (Party Down forever)- fingers crossed this is Ah-mah-zing.
Premieres Tuesday 10/14 at 9:00 EST on NBC

{praying the critics are wrong}
I want this show to be good so badly but it is getting such terrible reviews. That being said, I will give this show a chance because it's John Mulaney and he created Stefon and his stand up is hilarious and of course- Nasim Pedrad and Martin Short.
Premieres Sunday 10/5 at 9:30 EST on Fox

Check back in a couple of weeks to see how these new shows are fairing.
  
Happy watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment